Brett Powers concentrates his practice primarily in the representation of victims of corporate misconduct. These cases involve occupational chemical exposure, asbestos exposure, product liability, wage and hour abuse, pharmaceutical litigation, oil field & environmental cleanup and mass torts. As these cases tend to present difficult legal issues, Brett often deals with complex scientific and medical aspects of the case.
Brett is a native of New Orleans and runs the Louisiana Office of the DuBose Law Firm. He received his B.A. from Louisiana State University in 1994 and graduated from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 1998 with a Juris Doctorate. Brett is a Martindale–Hubbell Peer Review AV Preeminent rated Attorney with almost 20 years of trial experience. He has represented people from across the county in both State and Federal Courts.
Brett is a member of various professional organizations including the Louisiana State Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Louisiana Association for Justice and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice & Interest
- Product Liability
- Civil Litigation
- Louisiana, 1999
- Texas, 2009
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1998
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.A., 1994
Professional Associations & Memberships
• Martindale–Hubbell Peer Review AV Preeminent Rated Attorney
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Texas State Bar Association
• American Bar Associations
• Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
• New Orleans Bar Association
• American Association for Justice
• Louisiana Association for Justice
• Texas Trial Lawyers Association